The Clinton Family YMCA is offering open registration for Youth Basketball for four playing divisions through the December 7 registration deadline.
Age groups will be 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-2. All leagues for the 2020-2021 season will be co-ed. The cut-off age is December 1. (As an example, if a youth is currently 10 years of age but turns 11 before December 1,, he or she is considered an 11-year-old and will play in the 11-12 age group.)
Team assignment and notification will be by Monday, December 14, for all age groups.
There will be four playing divisions as listed below. Basics (5-6) will meet Mondays and Thursdays at 5 p.m. Mini-Mites (7-8) will meet on Tuesdays and Fridays at 5. Junior Mite (9-10) and Mite League (11-12) will play league games each Tuesday, Thursday and/or Saturday. Teams will play twice weekly. League games will begin Saturday, January 9 thru Saturday, February 6 with games being played each Tuesday, Thursday and/or Saturday.
Junior Mites and Mites hold practices December 14-19.
The older leagues will practice beginning Monday, December 14, have a week break for the Christmas Holidays and then resume practice on Monday, December 28, and begin league play at the YMCA on Saturday, January 9. All leagues will resume practice on Monday, December 28, as well. League play will be each Tuesday, Thursday evenings and/or Saturday mornings.
Players will receive the new weather-wicking basketball jerseys specifically designed for youth basketball players.
Registration fees are $50 for Y members and $65 for non-members. Financial aid and assistance are available. The YMCA will not deny anyone the opportunity to participate in its youth sports activities.
Interested participants are encouraged to register well before the Monday, December 7 deadline. For additional information and interest, call the Clinton YMCA at 833-1555.
COVID-19 REGULATIONS AND GUIDELINES
Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID if they are infected. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that can lead to severe illness and death. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19. By visiting the Clinton Family YMCA, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
In order to minimize the opportunity to spread the virus, we are asking parents, participants, and families to follow these guidelines:
• MASKS – Everyone will be required to wear mask throughout the facility. Once participants and coaches enter the basketball gymnasium, they may remove their mask. Parents, non-participating children, and spectators must keep their mask on while in the basketball gymnasium.
• PLAYERS AND COACHES ONLY AT PRACTICES* – Parents/guardians may bring their child into the gymnasium but once their child’s team starts practice, we ask that everyone leave the gym.
* Applies to Junior Mite (9-10) and Mite (11-12) only. (Parents/guardians for Basics (5-6) and Mini-Mite (7-8) may accompany and stay with their child.)
• GAMES – Parents, guardians, and family members may attend games but are required to wear masks throughout the facility at all times.
• OUR PROTOCOL FOR POSITIVE TEST – Any individual (participant, coach, parent, guardian, etc.) who tests positive for COVID-19 will be asked to refrain from attending any YMCA function for a minimum of 10 days. After 10 days, if that individual is symptom free or cleared by a medical doctor, he or she may return.